Caught (up) in traffic

123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031

Archives

Only last weekend I was surprised to have been charged 840 pesos for what was usually a  600-peso fee for the equivalent of 2 nights parking at NAIA Terminal 3’s multi-level parking. When I asked, I was informed by the staff that they don’t have overnight parking charges anymore effective a certain date. There was supposed to be a sign at the parking entrance but I didn’t notice this when I entered the facility very early (around 4:00 AM) last Thursday. Here’s a photo of the receipt issued to me.

Note that regular rates were applied and zero was charged for overnight parking. Also note the classification as a “regular” parker. Before, the staff just makes the assessment that the person is an ‘overnighter’ based on the info of time-in and time-out (quite easy to see) and issues overnight tickets of 300 pesos each (per night) for the assessed number for the Parker. [I posted about this previously.]

I have another colleague who was similarly charged despite just an overnight. I still have to confirm it but it seems that there really is no longer an overnight parking rate and they just charge you with the regular rates. That means they are now maximising the revenues from parking and no longer provide incentives for those leaving their cars while away on trips. Whether this is something like a progressive initiative for parking or not, its actually going to be a turn-off for many including individuals and families who usually leave their cars when they travel domestically or abroad for business or pleasure.

12 Comments

1. mmrtinio says:

Maybe some may opt just to ride taxis or TNVs instead of using their own cars.

2. Miaa Naia says:

This is in connection to your complaint at the parking rates at Multi-Level Parking. Allow us to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We deeply regret of any inconvenience this incident has caused you.

As advised by the Curbside Management Section, overnight parking is still be used and applied in the amount of Php 300.00/24 hrs. You will be charged with additional Php 15.00 or a fraction thereof in excess of 24 hour-period and as per their record based on your receipt, you have parked at 4:06AM on January 4, 2018 until 7:58PM of January 6, 2018 or a total of 64 hours. Kindly refer to the computation below:

2 days overnight parking from 4:00AM-4:00AM (48 hrs) 300+300 = 600
    Fraction thereof 5:00AM-7:58 (16 hrs) 16×15 = 240
    ———————-
    Total Php 840

We hope that we have enlightened you with regards to the parking fee inside the NAIA Complex. Rest assured that we will constantly monitor the improvement of our terminal to provide an excellent quality of service to our valued clients.

Thank you.

• d0ctrine says:

Thanks for the reply and clarification. This is great information to all using the parking facilities!

• Ernesto Jaurigue says:

Dear Sir or Ma’am:

May I just asked how safe it is to park at T3 multi-level parking at NAIA? How is the security going there? We are planning to park overnigth for 3 days.

Thank you.

Erni Jaurigue

• d0ctrine says:

I believe its safe and secure for your vehicle. I’ve left my car many times and returned to find there’s no dent or scratches to it. So far, I’m not aware of any incidence of theft. They have roving guards at the facility.

3. Volts says:

Greetings. I inquired at naia T3, they charge P300 per day/24hrs, and P15 in excess of the 24 hour period. Since you incur 63 hrs and 52 mins, thats equivalent to 64 hrs. 48 hrs is 600, and excess 16 hrs is 240, thus the fee of 840

• d0ctrine says:

Yes, that’s exactly what NAIA staff stated in their comment last Feb. 22. But just to clarify, they previously charged a fixed 300pesos overnight regardless of the excess hours. It was simple and less expensive.

4. Alice Gianan says:

How safe is leaving your car at naia 3 multilevel parking? I read there was some modus years ago that batteries of parked cars were discharged and then some guards will approach the car owner to offer some series service for a fee. This was even reported in the news by noli de castro.

• d0ctrine says:

I can only speak about my experience as well as those I know who also regularly leave their cars there. So far, so good for us and we have not had any untoward experience pertaining to safety and security at the NAIA 3 multi-level parking. I am not aware of any modus but that’s just me.

5. James Vinoya says:

I am planning to park my car from March 28 at around 6:30 pm up to April 1 at around 12 midnight.can you give estimate how much would I pay?hope to here from you soon